As a kitchen attendant – or kitchen assistant – you are effectively the engine room of the kitchen. Working under the guidance of a kitchen supervisor or chef de partie, your job is to ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational. In some kitchens, you may also be involved in preparing ingredients, so it’s a great stepping stone to becoming a chef.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
Training & Experience
- Experience is not essential,but a strong desire to learn and develop your skill set is preferred
- Flexibility for those in full time employment looking for additional work.
- Competitive rates
- Weekly pay
- DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) Check, Uniform & Training, terms & conditions apply
- Holiday and Pension contributions
If you’re a looking to work for, full time, part time or for bank shifts then we would love to hear from you.
Please call on 01452 676652 to speak to one of our recruitment consultants or send us a message and we will call you as soon as possible.
|Job Category||All Jobs, Catering|